HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

An insight to the Plot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ziel

PostSubject: An insight to the Plot   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Though I'm not staff here, I happen to have read most of the book series behind this movie. So I'll give a brief outline as to what it is, for those of you interested.

The story follows a young owl, Soren, on a long adventure after he is abducted by the "Pure Ones" and taken to St. Aggie's (Wiki for the long name), a "home for orphaned owls", where he is put to work as a slave along with countless other owlets. Eventually, (not giving away the story much), he escapes with a new found friend and ventures across the lands in search of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and the great Ga'Hoole Tree. If you've seen the trailer, you know that he makes it to the tree, and that's where his training to become a guardian begins.

How far the actual movie takes us I'm unsure, but I've read most of the books and finished the game at least once, judging from the game, the movie is going to be epic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narifia

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:43 pm

I haven't read any of the books (although I very well may, as soon as I can find them), however I did see the movie. I was very much impressed with the art and the story; it was overall an awesome and very well-made movie.

The only thing that I thought the movie fell a little flat on was character development, and I attribute that to the story kind of moving a bit too fast. Then again, when converting a book into a movie, you're limited to only so much time anyway, so I suppose it's excusable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziel

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah, I saw it last night. But, then again, if you read the books, that's actually how it starts. Tells you very little about Soren and his family, and just jumps right into the problem.

I didn't much like how you didn't learn much about the training or Otulissa, when she did play a big part in the book. I also wasn't sure what she was. I beleive she was a spotted owl in the books, but in the movie, she looked like a barn owl who got some ink splattered on them. Probably was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My_Lonely_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:43 pm

I love this movie, even thought i havent read the books, i have this movie on my computer and i use to watch it when i get bored xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://my-lonely-wolf.deviantart.com/
TealSkeletore

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm kind of afraid of seeing this movie because apparently they took A LOT out, like how Soren's brother is supposed to be Metalbeak but he isn't in the movie, and apparently St Aggie's isn't in the movie either.

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Dont know 'bout any St.Aggie. But Soren and MetalBeak brothers...? Whoa. o.O That wasnt so in the movie. But yeah, Teal going by what everyones sayin, they took a bunch o' stuff out. But its your choice to go see it. o3o Either way, you'll know your stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealSkeletore

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:17 pm

St. Aggie's is just the Pure Ones in the movie, but in the books they are both completely different groups. You should read the books!

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:31 pm

I should read the books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kahara

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot   Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm

I should read the books.. xD But I loved the movie. ;l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An insight to the Plot