Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyki Mikk

Tyki Mikk

My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  Empty
PostSubject: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Single Player

Well, there's quite a few things I could say on this game. I like the idea of it, the way its for education and what not. Because not many people know how hard a wolf's life is. Its not simply hunt, play, sleep. Its alot more than that. Even thought WQ doesnt get into dense detail in the first game, they do alot better in the second Ep.

Since the first ep is basically finding a mate and learning the basics on how to survive. Its very well layed out and gives the player a lot of room to adjust. It also keys into the vitals such as prey, how to find it, and how to keep track of it. I also like how you must adjust to the herd's set up and not a generic one. (I dont think that made much sense xD) I mean, just as in real life, a wolf has to make a choice. Its not which ones the juiciest or what not. Its about "Is this one suitable to take down?". Its up to the player, but I choose the weakest, just like wolves do in real life. Its also the easiest way to not get your self kicked into a coma.

Im no sure I liked the mate choosing process. It was way to simple. I cant say anymore on that. Because I cant say what they should add and what they should take. Its just, maybe they could have done something more...?

Anyway, on to Ep 2. I loved the gameplay. It was just like the first except a clean crisp and fresh new environment to explore. Also, you have your mate, and pups! Pups, oh pups. How I loved how you wandered away from my den and caused me so much distress whilst I was in the process of hunting. And how my mate randomly wanders off and never does anything useful. Its like humans, yes.

There were alot of glitches in this game. (Ep 2) Like the mate thing. Im VERY sure mates dont randomly wander and go glitch on the other side of the map in real life. That was the main problem. How am I suppose to go hunt if your 5000000 miles away whilst my pups are defenseless? This is how I constantly my litter eaten. Because a random bear or coyote spawns RIGHT amongst my children. Another problem. Wolves dont get attacked by enemies as frequent as that. Never. Im not saying I know everything about wolves but THAT is ridiculous. Also, when moving toward the designated spot at the end of the game, my pups constantly glitched andgot stuck somewhere, then attacked. Another thing that irritated me to no end.

It took me a loooong time to beat that game. I mean, it was fun, at times. All these glitches heavily hendered me. Causing much distress in a situation that should be fun. A game shouldnt be unbelievably difficult to the point where your getting angry over virtual furballs blessed with an uncanny ability to irk your nerves on your cpu screen. The thing that bothered me is that these are my favorite animals. I especially should not be distressed over it. Now, I wasnt stressed to the point where Im crying and whinning like a little 5 year old getting its arse handed to them in Modern Warfare, but stressed to the point where I just dont want to play anymore. And Ive spoken to a couple of WQ players who felt the same way.

Multiplayer

Multiplayer. First thing you think, rps, games, friends, conversation, fun.

My Opinion? WQ Multiplayer is full of children. Little. Bad Rp'ing. Children. Everytime I got into an rp it was childish and badly planned. Im not saying everyone was that way. I found a couple of good people and made some friends. Im trying my best not to sound like a complete bech here. But there's never anything intresting going on in MP.

Another thing that bothers me. The Statement...
"Naughty males/females here"

On a PG-13 rated game? With little kids playing? Seriously? My main point is, where are the mods? Oh yeah, this game doesnt have mods. Thing is, I went into one of those rooms, just for the lol's of course, and there was actual cybering.... I seriously think this game needs mods. Maybe its not a big deal to you, but would you want your little sibling exposed to that before their time? They'll see it sooner or later but they shouldnt be exposed to that at 10 and 11. I dunno... Its just weird to think about.

Other than that, I think Multiplayer is nice. They could do ALOT more with it though. Mini games, events, crazy spawing or something. They should do that with Single Player too.

Anyway, that conclueds my review for WolfQuest: Episode 1-2

If you read alllllll of this, than thank you for hearing me out. Razz

Last edited by Tyki Mikk on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TealSkeletore

TealSkeletore

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey I read your review! I never got all those glitches you mentioned but I did get ceaselessly attacked by hawks while trying to get to the summer place ._. so in the end I only had one pup that I just carried in my mouth. And the pups don't even FOLLOW you, they just wander around stupidly waiting to get snatched. At one point each of my pups were about 20 metres apart from each other >8C

Plus there is that glitch in multiplayer, where if you go into the hunting grounds the elk just run on the spot, and eventually the whole game crashes and everyone on that room gets booted off the server.
Back to top Go down
Tyki Mikk

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh thank you Teal. Razz The hawks never seemed to be to much of a bother until I got pass the Ox hill place and into the grassy valley. And I didnt play Ep2 on Multiplayer that much until I got bored with WQ. That glitch should really be fixed though. :/
Back to top Go down
RainbowSnoopy

RainbowSnoopy

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Ah, love the review. And I agree with everything.

I hated the 2nd episode. I really did, I didn't beat it yet cause I really got mad and left. So ya, I'm not gonna try that again. XD
Back to top Go down
http://snoopy1105.deviantart.com/
Tyki Mikk

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you so much. Smile And yes, I very well understand your dislike for it. I didnt like it much at first either. But I just have this thing where I HAVE to beat a game before I give up on it. With a couple exceptions with some really bad console games. xD
Back to top Go down
RainbowSnoopy

RainbowSnoopy

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm

xD I have that feeling also. But I was lagging so hard cause like 10 coyotes poofed up and I was all, "What?" xD
Back to top Go down
Tyki Mikk

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Oh lawd. o.O
Back to top Go down
RainbowSnoopy

RainbowSnoopy

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Ya. It was not fun. xD
Back to top Go down
Wudiin

Wudiin

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:44 am

You forgot to say "ALL IN ALL THIS GAME FAILS." LOL. Their forum fails so hard it makes Chuck Noris cry.
Back to top Go down
Tyki Mikk

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Indeed! xDD
Back to top Go down
RainbowSnoopy

RainbowSnoopy

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:16 pm

xD LOL I forgot what the forum looked like but I remember getting lost in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)    My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Review on Wolf Quest Ep 1-2 :)
Page 1 of 1