Share | 

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Ah... What can I say. Sega realy went off the deep end with this one. xD

Story Line
Well, basically Sonic meets and befriends Princess Elise. She is the seal for a creature known as Solaris. Sonic runs around with this chick fightin' badies and such. Of course Eggmans up to no good and is trying to achieve ultimate power. And than there's our main badie, Mephiles. He's actually from the future and has taken the form of Shadow. Mephiles is trying to resurrect Solaris, which is pretty bad. So he kills Sonic and makes Elis cry, breaking the seal on Solaris. Meanwhile, Silver the Hedgehog, who came from the past as well, is trying to take down Sonic, because Mephiles told him that Sonic was the Iblis Trigger. Iblis is a giant fire demon monster thingy that destroyed Silver and Blaze the Cats home back in the future. Silver has come to the past in search of a way to stop that destruction. He finds out later that Mephiles lied to him and that Sonic was not the Iblis Trigger. Back to Sonic's death, which is the end of the game where Solaris is unleashed and Time and Space is now distorted, a.k.a The End of the World. Sonic's friends, Eggman and Silver and Blaze must ban together to collect the chaos emeralds. After getting them all they come back to Sonic and use the emeralds to bring him back to life. With Sonic back in the game, him, Silver, and Shadow use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to go super and defeat Solaris. The ending depends on what character your playing as. Im not going into Shadow, Sonic or Silver's ending.

But thats basically the summary for that. My thoughts on the game are a bit jumbled so I know I might have confused you and missed a lot of important details. ^^'

My opinion on the story line is that when you actually play through, you can see the simplicity of the story line. I could see where it was going before I was even in the middle of the game. I feel strongly that Sonic Team/Sega could have done a heck of a lot more with this story line. The concept is so simple. Too simple.

Gameplay

Sonic
Sonic's gameplay was pretty sweet. High speed all around action is just how I like my Sonic gameplay. I enjoyed the Speed Runs a lot. It makes you stay on your toes and constant use of reflexive abilities is required.

Silver
I LOVED Silver's gameplay. He specializes in Psychokinesis (Psychic Abilities). His gamplay mainly relies on his special powers. Which makes it loads of fun. I just love throwing enemies and items every which way. His story was the most fun in this game.

Shadow
Ahh.... Shadow's gameplay is for the more intermidiate/Expert game level. His levels are full of hazards and and gimicks. I love Shadow, but sometimes its just frustrating. I love how he has different vehicles in this game. Radical Train has his motorcycle while Kingdom Valley is specially made for his jet sky. Loads of other vehicle goodies you'll see in there too.

General Gamplay
All in All, Sega could have done much, much better with this game. There's loads of glitches and bugs and the story line is a bit childish. The game literally looks like a rushed job. I hear Sega had to meet a deadline and was pushing it pretty close. Explaining the crappy bits and pieces. Little things like loading time could have been fixed. The game takes a bit too long just to load. Im not going to betch about that much, since average loading time isnt something to nit pick about. Just what is considered an average loading time?

But as I said, the game could have been a lot better. To a long time Sonic Fan, this game was a bit of a disappointment. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealSkeletore

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:38 pm

I never got the chance to play this game, but I heard it had terrible gameplay and you literally couldn't touch the controller or you die, but I'm sure that's just an exaggeration xD

I want to do a review on the classic Sonic games, they were my favorites as a kid and they were the only sonic games I actually bothered to finish xD

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:43 am

Yeah 06 was very bad, but not that bad. xD

And yes, mostly everything before Sonic Hero's was great. Sonic Heros is what I call the beginning of the end. Thats where all the other crappy Sonic games stemmed off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealSkeletore

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:15 am

Have you heard of the new game Sonic Colours? It looks amazing, they apparently took out all the stuff that made Sonic bad, and added better stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Yeah I know all about that. They replaced Jason Griffith and had the dude that voices Ezio from Assassins Creed voice Sonic. Jason Griffith was a really bad voice actor. So me and my boyfriend are gonna miss making fun of em. xD New guys really not that bad and I feel he'll be way more popular than Jason.

They replaced tons of other voices too. Tails, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, Jet, Wave, Storm, they all have new voices.... All I really care about is Silver, Shadow, and Jet's voices.... And they all suck. Shadow's voice actor talks really slow and drags his words. The voice itself is okay. Suits Shadow, but the slow talkings gotta go. Jets voice actor... If you watch Garfield (which sucks big ones), Jet has the voice of the gray cat that Garfield hangs with. Nice call Sega! >.> And Silvers voice was OKAY the way it was, now they gave him a super annoying voice that I will hate for the rest of my life.

Shadow, Silver, and Sonic were originally voiced by Jason Griffith. And even though he was really annoying, I will miss his bad voicing that has grown on me. xD

BUT ANYWAY! Imma get Sonic Colors. I thought it would suck big ones, but this may be a comeback for Sonic. The Dark Ages may be over. xDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealSkeletore

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I've never played any of the new games, except that werehog one and only the beginning of it then I got bored. And I have Sonic Riders but I don't play it because it's so f'king hard.

Tyki Mikk

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 am

Sonic Unleashed, and that was one of the worst ones. It was so... bleh... Anyway, Sonic Riders was hard in the beginning for me. But now I hardly ever go without first place. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity was a little bit harder, but I can still hold my own in a race. Razz If ever get the Xbox Kinect, I'll get the Sonic Riders for that too. Workin on Sonic Colors and the new Sims game right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)   

Back to top Go down

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)
Page 1 of 1